View Single Post
Old 07-06-2006, 10:15 PM
fatmike69
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2005
Position: EMB120 CA

Originally Posted by dontsurf
A better way to ask it might be: in your experience with your lines, what amount of flying do you generally get as a line pilot per month?
With the new "PBS" system of bidding, you could theoretically build your monthly line quite high, probably upwards of 100 hours for the month. I would say my average line pay has been about 94 hours monthly (12-14 days off per month, no overtime). Lately, with the shortage of pilots, the opportunity to fly overtime is very available.

I can appreciate that variety. Just roughly, what would the breakdown be of Skywest's bases as far as "junior" base to "senior" base? I see that San Diego is considered a "senior" base, in roughly what order would they be ranked in that respect?
EMB120: Fresno most junior by far followed by PSP, SLC and DEN. SAN, PDX, and SBA seem to be the most senior right now.

CRJ: Chicago most junior. Not sure about the others but DEN and SLC seem to be somewhere in the middle. FAT, PSP, SMF are pretty senior.

Oh, two other questions I forgot:

1. Is there a contract or anything for training?
No training contract.
2. What determines EMB or CRJ, and do they tell you that when they hire you or not until you start class?
Generally lower time pilots go to the EMB. Although I hear all of the new hires are getting the EMB, not sure though. They tell you which aircraft you get when you get hired.