View Single Post
Old 09-11-2008, 09:32 PM
Busboy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: leaning to the left

Originally Posted by Oldfreightdawg View Post
And now for the real twist in this story...

The LAX captain suspended is a former CAL pilot accused of crossing the picket line at CAL in 1983. His only crime here at AA was to cross the active runway taxiing on a single engine and then stop too soon on the other side. Unfortunately the chief was in the aircraft behind him and followed across, but didn't have enough space to clear the runway. He later accused this captain, who scabbed at CAL, of doing it deliberately.

The ensuing show trial--in which APA spent thousands--resulted in a 15 day suspension. On top of all that, the LAX base has started a donation drive which has produced more than enough money to make this captain whole. Chances are this will be overturned in an arbitration and the worst that will have happen is that the LAX captain in question will have earned a 15 day paid leave.

Captain Osborn is under investigation by the FAA for using his cell phone during taxi ops to report the LAX captain.

I believe the term I would use at this point is: a cruel irony.
Wait a minute...Is the LAX captain accused of being a scab? Or is he a scab?

I may have to change my views on this event. Maybe Capt. Osborn is not really the evil one, after all.