View Single Post
Old 09-12-2008, 02:23 AM
7576FO
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: 737 CA MIA

Originally Posted by FliFast View Post
In the short time before my furlough from American, I can remember both jumpseating and operating under American's procedures and it was noteworthy how long-winded their briefings were and how distracting and ergonomically inefficent some of their procedure were. For instance, my experience recalls that the Capt on the taxi-out did most of the work, while the F/O sat there and marveled what it would be like to be a Capt. In addition, I never got the fascination with the whole turn on/turn off the checklist items, light-gadget that was unique to American Airlines aircraft. From student pilots to airline crews most of use a piece of paper to challenge and respond.

Finally, in reference to the hand gernade you threw out regarding TWA ? Please thrill us with how this relates to a pilot getting busting for taxiing slow.

Maybe it's just my humble opinion, but whenever I run into former TWA pilots they always always always say how they miss TWA mostly because of the people that worked there. Whenever I come across former AA pilots here at UPS they always say how thankful they are to have left AA and the reason...the people and the infighting.

So yes, as a former TWA employee, still furloughed from AA; I do have fond memories of TWA because of the co-workers I worked with. Apparently, this sentiment is something not understood by American Airlines employees.

FF
LonzoTWA wrote,
Its taken a lot of work to make that place the pit it is.

It was the 2nd post on this thread.