Thread: 7/7 Free Time
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2008, 03:07 PM
CA1900
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008

Originally Posted by rubbersidedown View Post
Just a quick question. For those of you who are on the 7 on 7 off schedule, what do you do with your week off.
Anything I want.

My current addiction, when I'm not doing something more productive, is playing Call of Duty 4 on XBOX. There are a group of us from NJA who play together online, and it's an absolute blast.

I am considering getting a part time job, but dont know doing what. I want it to be flexible. Any ideas? What do you guys do?
Some guys run side businesses. Some will do extended days for extra money (if it's busy season and the days are available). I spend a lot of my free time volunteering for the union, and the rest of it taking care of my home and "real life" to take the load off my wife.

One nice thing about having a whole 7 days if that you can take a little "mini vacation" if you like. For example, if you're at the end of a tour and in a city you like, you can be released from duty, and they'll reimburse you for a ticket to anywhere you like, up to what they were going to spend to get you home. I've ended tours in cities where I have family a couple of times now.