View Single Post
Old 09-17-2008, 02:19 PM
GunshipGuy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: Permanently scarred

Originally Posted by A320fumes View Post
Spliff:
Just voicing MY opinion, I think I've earned the right.
Don't think anyone said you didn't--don't go extreme on us, now.

They might not scare you, that's good. But there's acting because you're scared and there's acting because it's the rational, logical reaction to events/groups that are threatening the people of this nation and our way of life. I too believe in diplomacy before military action, but I also believe you only allow so many UN resolutions to be scoffed at before you say enough's enough. I too would love to be making more money, but as Spliff stated, there are more important issues at stake (and besides, I doubt the chosen one will really make a difference when it comes to your paycheck). I'm d@mn lucky to be an American and have the opportunities this country offers, and I for one would like to see it stick around for a while for my children's children and their children. In this case I think the decision is an easy one: a reasoned man with experience instead of an inexperienced guy who really hasn't accomplished much, but sure does talk well. Extremist action? In what regard? Asking for some ID when you come in this country? Enforcing immigration laws? Sniffing out terrorist cells here at home? If that's extremism I'll take it over anything less. PS Got the deployments, the medals, and the kills as well, but that doesn't give me any more or less right to voice my opinion.