Thread: PHL Parking
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2008, 10:47 AM
contrails
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2005
Default PHL Parking

Did a search on the forums to no avail. I talked to a few different phone numbers at PHL today asking about parking to commute out of PHL to another airport.

They said they no longer let pilots and flight attendants who are not based at PHL get a parking pass for the airport. I asked about paying for a parking pass since I do not expect a free one being based elsewhere and they said you can park in the short term for $20 a day or economy for $11 a day. I was in the middle of asking another question but they hung up on me so here I am on APC asking all of you.

$44 a trip is about $176 a month to park there and that is $2,112 a year. There is absolutely no way I am going to pay $2,112 a year to park at PHL and I'm sure the people who commute out of PHL to other bases don't either.

Anyone have a solution to commuting out of PHL and parking a car somewhere during the four-day? SEPTA train fares are far too high for me to even consider using as an option. For now I will commute out of the airport that I have free parking at but I'd like to get parking at PHL to be an option in the near future.

Thanks if you have any answers.