Old 09-19-2008, 04:48 AM
laserman2431
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008

It does seem like they take a long time to make decisions. However, considering the current job market, they can pretty much do what they want.

I guess the part that bugs me is that a person on another forum who claims to be involved with hiring at NJ said they are making offers to only 10% - 20% of people who come to CMH for the personal interview. I guess it's just another indication of the sad state of the current US job market. There can be considerable cost and inconvenience associated with going to the "in person." Travel, hotel, meals, vacation time, prep stress, sim prerp, etc. Of course, nobody is being forced to go. i just wonder what they are finding out after the 45 minute chat and a sim ride? Especially after the extensive pre-screening process.

The application process seems pretty goofy too. They revamped the .pdf application form but it is still necessary to use PDFill or similar. Why not just get an on-line form like everybody else. Another thing that I find goofy is on the little customer service essay page, they want to know the county in which the customer service was provided. I know it's not a big deal but when they redid the form, did anyone ask "why do we have county on there?" Especially when they have ciy and state. It just seems odd.