View Single Post
Old 09-19-2008, 05:23 PM
all4114all
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2006

Excuse me, it seems that you left the last few paragraph out of the announcement you quoted above. I am sure this was an honest oversight on your part so I will help you by providing the missing last section below.

".........................................."It is important for all pilots - West and East - to recognize that USAPA may send additional certified letters to pilots they believe are delinquent in union dues or fees and letters to the Company asking that they be fired. The date of this certified letter triggers a critical 15 day timeline that, if ignored, could lead to possible termination.

To summarize:

1) If you are delinquent on your dues or fees with USAPA, there is no basis upon which USAPA may seek your termination unless they have sent you a certified letter in accordance with Section 29. However, if you have been sent a certified letter from USAPA, it is imperative that you either:
a. Ensure that USAPA has received full payment no later than 15 days following the date of the letter, or
b. You have requested a review in accordance with Section 29.A.5.a no later than 5 days following your receipt of the certified letter. [Note: there is no guarantee that a review will prevent your termination]

2) We believe that those who applied for USAPA membership in accordance with our recommendations are not USAPA members for two reasons:
a. There has been no official notification of membership acceptance
b. The applications were not approved in accordance with the USAPA Constitution.

We realize that this news raises many more questions that it answers about Section 29. As always, you may submit your questions to [email protected], and we will do our best to incorporate your questions into future updates. Expect to see a more detailed update about this issue in the next few days.

In solidarity,

AWAPPA" "

Last edited by all4114all; 09-19-2008 at 05:43 PM.