Old 09-22-2008, 06:28 PM
QSflyer
On Reserve

Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: CE-560XL(S)

Hey all,

I'm currently a Netjets pilot, been here just over 3 years now. The hiring has completely changed since when I was hired. To be honest, I really doubt I would get hired right now!

There are a lot of us, including myself, who are embarassed about how our hiring department has changed. In their defense, the one lady who did most of our selection for interviews left a month or so ago. I think she had a "system" and ever since then things were shuffled beyond repair. That's just my guess though. They really need to stop accepting resumes for a while to get caught up. But, they didn't ask me.

All I can say is keep the faith, and hope persistance pays off. I've recommended 4 people in the last two years and only 1 has gotten hired. Whoever stated that once you get to an interview everyone is set to "0" is correct. You are on your own.

While I'm not involved with the union, or company for that matter (other than flying), I can give you some advice that may help get your resume to the top if you don't have a LOR:

#1 Emphasize customer service. During your interview tell them how you have gone above and beyond. Get creative and ready to improvise when given scenarios. Remember, the customer is always right (except when it comes to safety of flight issues i.e. wx, etc)

#2 Get some PIC time, even if you have to fly for free.

#3 Get your degree done. I finished mine through Utah Valley University. It's cheaper than Riddle and much easier (yes it's accredited). Aviation University - Online Aviation Courses

#4 Do some research about Netjets. When interviewed, tell them what you did. Tell them you subscribed to willflyforfood or whatever aviation interview gouge sites there are. Be ready to name some corporate executives. I'm not saying they quiz you, but impress them with your knowledge of the system.

#5 REAPPLY IF REJECTED! Peristance pays, I promise.

With what I know about this company, I would be sending in resumes for the next 10 years to get a job here. I love it here.

Good luck and God bless.....