View Single Post
Old 07-14-2006, 10:08 AM
de727ups
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: UPS 757/767 Capt ONT

"I'm looking for a guality, brand-name (Yes, I am a devoted Delta member, lol) flight school (Not FBO) that will help achieve my goals"

Not sure why you would say that. DCA airplanes are no better than your average FBO airplanes. 152's, 172's, and PA44's. DCA hires instructors from within their own program at about 300 hours and they stay until they meet regional mins. Same thing for an FBO CFI. At DCA you have formal ground schools. At an FBO you can take formal ground schools or just read the book/watch the DVD. Formal ground schools don't make you smarter, it's just a different way to present the information.

You get out of flight training what you put into it. That goes for DCA or a FBO.

I don't know, what good reasons are there to go to DCA in your eyes? You should pay them a visit. I hear the official tour is a sell job, so be careful.

Desertdog is right. The place has a terrible reputation on the internet, even from people who went there. It's got worse over the years from what I've seen. There must be a reason for that.

The guaranteed interview is a joke, in this day and age. As is using DAL as a marketing ploy.