View Single Post
Old 07-14-2006, 06:20 PM
jdsavage
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: high speed taxi driver

From what I have seen, Flight Safety has good training material. I don't know about their GA training, but their turbine aircraft books for the JS31's and EMB-120's are great. DCA just takes bits of info out of existing training manuals, types them into their spreadsheet, doesn't seem to know how to use spell checker, and makes copies of photo copies. My instrument and commercial "workbooks" had some pages that were cut off because of the copy machine.
As far as the planes go, the only nice planes they have are the PA-44's, and be assured on the tour, that will be the plane they show you, and they park them in front because they are the nicer planes. The others don't have GPS, air conditioners are disconnected (in FL?!?). There is an FBO that does the 141 training right next to DCA that has nicer 172's and charge a lot less. While you're there go over to Avion and get their info too.

In short, what I'm saying is, if you're paying that much, why can't they give you a better product? Its like I paid for Macy's and got a K-Mart brand.