View Single Post
Old 10-04-2008, 12:21 PM
atpwannabe
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Math Teacher

I gotta agree with de727ups. I, too, picked up on the fact that he represents an organization that is in the business of making money. Nothing wrong with that...it's just the way it's earned.

The UAA rep mentioned the fact that the "end users must share in the cost of training". I think this is where the idea of putting a CRJ course in the cirriculum of some flight schools came into being. It certainly seems that would support the idea. Also, what was termed as the disparity between what the airlines need in a flight crewmember as oppose to what the FBO's, aviation universities and flight schools are producing in a potential flight crewmember would support the idea as well.

Paul Rice mentioned that the shortage lies in the FO position @ regionals. I believe there are two reasons why; first there is the issue of pay. The second is exactly what de727ups said, "supply & demand". If people stop or there is a significant drop in the load factor of a particular route, then that route or service to that city is drastically reduced or eliminated.

atp