View Single Post
Old 10-07-2008, 07:35 PM
Scoop
Super Moderator

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: DAL 330

Originally Posted by AV8ER13 View Post
FWIW--Whatever stance you take, ALL hires After 2001 (2002 and on) should have been DOH. I think it is crazy that the most junior pilot at DAL jumps ahead of pilots hired DEC 2000 at NWA. That is not even close to reasonable. How can you tell me that DAL would not have furloughed or parked more planes. I hope the panel has more common sense then the person that put this list together.

AV8ER13,
I was hired before the period you mention but I disagree with you. Should a NW guy who was hired in 2000 and has maybe 500 NW Pilots behind him have 2000 DAL pilots put below him just because NW hired a lot less since 2000? This is the other side of the coin. Something close to this would result from DOH. Under DOH a NW pilot hired on the end of the last last cycle with maybe a few hundred pilots below him would now have over a thousand DAL pilots below him. The NW side is parking a lot of aircraft and has only 17 787's coming, and the delivery date keeps getting pushed back. DAL is currently short pilots - our MEC is allowing MD-88 Pilots to fly extra while NW has started furlough mitigation. All of these factors (and a lot that your side will bring up) come into play, not just DOH. Who knows what the three wise men will decide - I for one would prefer a negotiated list.

Scoop