View Single Post
Old 10-09-2008, 12:51 PM
Ferd149
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: LAX ERA
Default What I learned on this trip

Just got home, did I tell everyone I hate domestic trips? Too many legs, too many hub sits.

Ok, here goes the list:

1. The average NWA guy has not read the transcripts or any kind of message board or forum. They have not seen either of our SLI positions. The average NWA guy shows up, flies their trip and goes home. Most everyone I talked to just wants this over so they can get back to a normal crazy airline life.

2. Lots of heartburn about the uniform. You can give your leather jacket back to the company for a refund (the jacket will be donated to charity) but you have to turn it in this month (I think) so you will not have it this winter unless you want to keep it forever. Hats continue to be like fingernails on a blackboard. More guys are wearing their hats, but I don't know if because we're back in jackets or guys are just trying to get used to them again. The biggest jokes are over the nametags, I'm changing my name to "twenty-twenty". That way, I can be maddog twenty-twenty.

3. However, most guys have ordered the uniform........me included (even did the extra $$$ for an Abbott).

4. I didn't see any Delta guys at a Starbucks or fast food so no one kicked sand in my face. The American guys are telling me we need to kick the Delta guys butts........but they probably tell the Delta guys the opposite.

5. Listened to a Delta guy give his PA on guard last night.........I've never done that, at least on guard, so I must be smarter

Whats going on your guy's end?

Ferd

Last edited by Ferd149; 10-09-2008 at 12:59 PM.