View Single Post
Old 10-13-2008, 06:32 PM
250 or point 65
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2008

Originally Posted by RmTrice View Post
250 or point 65, good points. I was origionally just going to get my CFI-A rating, but I was told that i'd need to have it on a complex aircraft. The only complex aircraft my instructor has is his twin, hence the need to get my CFIME then add on CFI and CFII. It would cost a bit more to go find someone with a complex aircraft, fly a bit in order to get used to it, and deal with the higher prices. Plus, this way I get a bit more multi time which is well worth its weight in gold.
Well, start with the MEI and let that pay for the others. There were guys at my flight school with nothing but and they had no choice but to have teach multi.

And, sorry, but I have to tweak what you said a little bit. You mentioned before what multi-time is worth...$250. Getting paid to fly a multi is worth its weight in gold. Beyond your MEI (if that's your only option to get your original CFI) you should not pay for multi time. I'm sorry, but I don't understand paying for something that you could get paid for.

Yes its satisfying to run to the ATM and put that multi in your logbook, but its a whole lot more satisfying to also put it in the dual column and then swing by the ATM to deposit your check.