Old 07-19-2006, 07:23 PM
GauleyPilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2006
Position: BE-20, RA390
Default Direction has been here

Originally Posted by schone
Thank you all for the replies.

While being picky and admitting to the 'shiney jet syndrome' I have been infected with, I would have never imagine that in an industry that requires such seriousness and professionalism, I'd find so many people who'd get insulted by somebody asking a question and asking for a little bit of help, nor would I have thought somebody will take my question personally.

If you look up my original posting, you might realize that I have displayed no attitude what so ever and am not now. I am happy for the better quality of life you guys are getting flying t-props, pistons or any kind of jet doing the 135 life vs. the airline life. I really am not critisizing anybody for the type of job they have chosen, or the type of airplane they fly for that matter, since we all seem to come to our decisions based on different points of view and takes and what we deem important in various stages in life. Some might opt for QOL, some for $$ and some for the type of airplane regardless of what ****ty QOL/monetary compensation they get. Why is it so difficult to understand that?

Tail winds to all, no matter what you fly!

-schone

You asked for some help in obtaining a jet job with your qualifications. The reason people were offended is they sensed you were a little to eager to the point of being condisending. It would be rather rare for someone with your qualifications to get a jet job. The people who replied to you were thinking "dude, ah like everyone in your position wanted that". But like Ringo Starr's song says--GOT TO PAY YOUR DUES......YOU KNOW IT DON'T COME EASY.

You came across that way because of your**JET** sans turboprop statement. You may not have intended attitude, but it did not appear that way. Imagine if I went to an ALPA meeting and asked for help in starting as a **Captian** not a first officer or second officer. Imagine if I went to the Steelers training camp and asked to be a **starter** not a backup. (I have never played team football.)

People are recommending you to get some multi PIC time in a piston twin and or a turbo-prop--THEN LOOK FOR A JET JOB.

In your way of thinking, you may luck into something, and if you do, then good for you.

Good luck.

Yours Truly
Gauley Pilot

The Citation FO in upgrade training that still is proud to call himself a turboPROp pilot/Twin Cessna veteran.

Last edited by GauleyPilot; 07-19-2006 at 07:27 PM.