View Single Post
Old 10-18-2008, 10:30 PM
proskuneho
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2008
Position: Enjoying the view

I am thankful for what I can learn from your history and experience. I have read your story and your resulting viewpoint on several forums. What I would appreciate from you and the others on this forum is advice! Where can I go? I love flying! I don't have building skills, and I don't have ANY startup capital for my own business. My only "skill" that can fetch a decent income is management of flight schools and restaurants. Those skills only allow me to make money for someone else, certainly not enough to be able to afford to fly something more exciting than a Cessna. I already have a sickening amount of Cessna time. Steep turns, slow flight, stalls, pattern work, approaches, power off 180s, spins, ad nauseum. I also have 185 hours of Duchess time, but see previous sentence. I have a serious case of the flying bug. I don't dislike flight instructing, I just want to actually fly somewhere other than the practice area or "cross country" training flights!!!!!
How can I afford to do what I love? Maybe completing my MBA will give me more options, but I was hoping that would just be my backup plan...

Last edited by proskuneho; 10-18-2008 at 10:35 PM.