View Single Post
Old 10-19-2008, 12:42 AM
TonyMontana
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: S2c Backseat

Originally Posted by de727ups View Post
"would I be able to go to a major without going to a regional first?"

Maybe. It all depends on the situation at the time. I never worked for a regional. UPS tends to hire from a variety of backgrounds, to include regional. Yet, if there is no hiring, it really makes no difference. You can't predict 10 years down the road. If you'd like me to back up 10 years, I could say that you could get hired at a major with 135 or corporate pic jet time. But there are no guarantees in this biz and no way to know the future.

Personally, I think when/if the economy turns around and age 65 works itself out, there will be movement in the career. Sky will say it's not a job worth having. I think it is. It's really up to and your situation.

My story of personal success shouldn't threaten you, but you disclosed a fact that clears everything up for me as it pertains to you.
"you never worked for a regional"

Clearly, then, you are qualified to give others advice about regional jobs.

I have NEVER claimed to be the expert in the medical field here on the forums. I'm just a beat up old SAAB capt. that moved on to a SUPERIOR career. A move that will provide my family and me with financial security.

A move that was born out of the ashes of 9/11/01. I have advised others who have pm'd, and I shall continue to do so.

To the O.P., you have a solid back-up plan already. I'd finish the MBA, and fly on the side if you so desire. Later on, test the waters in the airline game. Personally, I wouldn't want to be on the bottom of anyones senority list right now. Either way, you've ALREADY got your back-up plan, which is smart.