Old 10-19-2008, 09:52 AM
Slice
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Spartan

Originally Posted by Ja189 View Post
Did you really just say that the framework or the format of CRM in an RJ is the same as that in a Cessna. Wow!! That is all I am going to say on that one. Further, I think all of you making the position that a person who needs more than a few hundred hours to fly an RJ are merely attempting to make yourself feel better about the fact that we just sit there and let the autopilot do all the work. For the guy who commented that a 350 hour pilot wouldn't know what to do with an RJ if the Captain went to the bathroom, allow me to ask, how hard is it to sit there and monitor the instruments and work the radios for the Capt.? Lets not b.s here, the autopilot does the work, we are merely systems managers and you don't need a lot of time to do that. I don't care who you are or where you got your training, first time you sat right seat in a jet you wouldn't be safe without the Captain. Now lets just acquiesce once and for all that you don't need much time to do what you do. Suck it up throw the pride out the door and realize it doesn't take a maverick to do your job. It is fine with me.
How would you know? Aren't you a CFI who has not yet flown 121? Tell you interviewers all that in your airline interview and let us know how it goes...