View Single Post
Old 10-20-2008, 05:17 PM
FlyFastLiveSlow
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: On the Rock

Originally Posted by ExperimentalAB View Post
Alrighty...after giving dozens of rides to NetJets Pilots over the last couple of years, I can not remember even a single one acknowledging me or my crew's mere existence...Today flying into ORD, for example, I smiled and nodded to the NetJets Captain walking off my aircraft and still he did not so much as look up!
So the flexjet, citation shares, avantair folks all pop in and say thanks for the ride? As a pilot (military) I try to smile and say thanks as I'm leaving the aircraft, but I have probably missed a few myself. However, when I read your post, I thought of it a different way. They are all paying customers, not somebody getting a free airline ride. In the customer service sense, wouldn't you as the crew go out of your way to acknowledge them and ask how their flight was. As a mil executive airlift guy, I'm the one making sure everything is perfect for my pax. If I get a thank you, great--but I don't expect it. They are the customer and I'm the one providing the service. Next time, ask them how the flight was and thank them for flying your airline even though you both know they didn't choose or buy the ticket themselves. Then gauge what kind of response you get. Unfortunately, airline flying has lost all of the fun and excitement it might have once posessed. I realize that it's not the crew's doing, but flying on the airlines sucks--even with first class and/or racking up free miles.

I was also curious about the "we both fly small airplanes" comment. I'd choose a long range business jet over any airliner, whether as a pilot or a passenger. Are wide body or heavy airplanes still the top of the food chain?