View Single Post
Old 10-21-2008, 11:40 AM
fjetter
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: King Air 200 CA Hawker 800/900 FO

Originally Posted by jared4271987 View Post
Hi all. So I recently acquired the hours to be eligible as PIC in VFR under 135 ops. I have roughly 600TT, so I'm guessing there's not a lot of places available to work for at the moment correct? If so, does anybody know of anyone hiring? Also, do I have to do anything special to make it official so that I can do the 135 VFR PIC, or is the simple fact of having those hours in my logbook good enough? When did most of you switch over to a new logbook? I know that I can squeeze about 100-200 hours on the pages I have remaining, but having that logbook out with me every day is a bigger chance of losing it. Thanks
I plan on keeping my logbook until it is completely filled. I keep it in a secure place ALWAYS! Unless if I need it for that day, I often leave it at home and write down my flight times on a piece of scratch paper or little red crew duty log books.

I also use an electronic backup. Remember if you lose a logbook, your last 8710 is always proof of flight time. There is a file here on APC that you can download for free (vs. $80 for logbook pro) that is a pretty nice excel sheet.