View Single Post
Old 10-21-2008, 07:00 PM
ExperimentalAB
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007

Okay...been out with just the iPhone for a week and was not about to type up all this...so here it goes. Thanks for the comments!

Originally Posted by cencal83406 View Post
If you pay for your ticket, I don't expect you to come up front to "ask" for a ride and say hi. Heck, none of the other customers seem to give a crap that there are people sitting up front... unless they have something smart to say.
I don't think any of us are looking for you to "ask" for a ride...Just acknowledge us as Professionals.

Originally Posted by jrmyl View Post
I only left Comair back in March for NJ so I still feel a connection with the regional pilots. Not sure what that captains problem was, but I always acknowledge the crew as I am getting off the plane. That is if they are standing in the doorway. I obviously won't stick my head upfront since I don't feel that is necessary. No other paying passenger would do that. Well, maybe none, but most other paying passengers.
Jrmyl
I'd be thrilled just to get eye contact from a NetJets guy LoL...Y'all are just in so much of a hurry to get off our planes!!

Originally Posted by Flyin4alivin View Post
No kidding..... one see's yellow ties everywhere....and at times it is a sic you have flown with before, and yes you do acknowledge them, but you sure do not want to have a conversation with them. The fact that most of your FA's think we are jumpseating and treat us like we are catching a free ride when in fact we are paying top dollar for a ticket to sit in the back row next to the lav....I have been told they are out of Diet Coke as we are just jumpseating....ahhh, no..... actually if some of your FA's were nicer it may make a difference on how we feel when we get off the flight.
Let's face it...this is a ugly business no matter who you work for.
...Flight Attendants...can't live with 'em, can't fly without 'em...

Originally Posted by FlyFastLiveSlow View Post
So the flexjet, citation shares, avantair folks all pop in and say thanks for the ride? As a pilot (military) I try to smile and say thanks as I'm leaving the aircraft, but I have probably missed a few myself. However, when I read your post, I thought of it a different way. They are all paying customers, not somebody getting a free airline ride. In the customer service sense, wouldn't you as the crew go out of your way to acknowledge them and ask how their flight was. As a mil executive airlift guy, I'm the one making sure everything is perfect for my pax. If I get a thank you, great--but I don't expect it. They are the customer and I'm the one providing the service. Next time, ask them how the flight was and thank them for flying your airline even though you both know they didn't choose or buy the ticket themselves. Then gauge what kind of response you get. Unfortunately, airline flying has lost all of the fun and excitement it might have once posessed. I realize that it's not the crew's doing, but flying on the airlines sucks--even with first class and/or racking up free miles.

I was also curious about the "we both fly small airplanes" comment. I'd choose a long range business jet over any airliner, whether as a pilot or a passenger. Are wide body or heavy airplanes still the top of the food chain?
Absolutely! We'd be more than happy to ask them how their flight was, and even thank them, but that would require a little effort on their part as well

Originally Posted by Learguy View Post
Wow. Ok, I work for brand "F", but I must admit I have been treated with the utmost courtesy on most airlines. Even to the point of being offered free goodies when others pay, offered a bottle of water on the way out "for the road" etc.
I don't stick my head in the cockpit, I think that might be an intrusion, but if a cockpit crewmember is standing by the door, I always thank them for a nice, safe flight. I always thank the cabin crew, even the few that have not performed well. Never burn a bridge, maybe just a bad day, or hey, we are all in this together anyway.
Just my take on the stuff.
That's all we ask! From one Professional Pilot to another!

Think of it this way...When I pay a fare on the City Bus, I greet the driver as I step in, and I am always sure to say "thank you" and "goodbye" to the driver as I step off the bus. It's just common courtesy! Heck, I even said thank you to the driver of the UAL employee shuttle that nearly got us creamed by a 744 pushing back (as it was, the outboard 15 feet or so of wing passed over the bus, and engine 4 wasn't too far off!).

Maybe I've just come across NetJets' "dirty" dozen LoL. Nonetheless, I'm happy to give y'all a ride anytime!