View Single Post
Old 10-24-2008, 04:54 AM
Ewfflyer
Flying Farmer

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: Turbo-props' and John Deere's

Originally Posted by Lancer View Post
Wow, thats impressive. I didn't realize that existed. Great reference, thank you. I was hoping to stimulate some conversation about QOL, availability, and pay from contract pilots in the business. I guess this information is a little more close held than I realized
I think the thing about Contract Pilot's is it's just as varied an experience as being a salaried corporate pilot. So QOL I think would be easier to obtain because you can say "no" for any reason, but obviously you ditch someone enough they will probably stop calling too. I know a guy at my airport, salaried pilot on an Avanti, but also does contract for my company, and another local guy flying his Meridian. He limits his contract work to day-trips only, because of his commitments with the Avanti, but it seems to work out very well for him.

Here's the excerpt from that website I really liked seeing

This page is presented as an "information only" tool for contract pilots. This is NOT an attempt at "price fixing". Absurdly low rate responses from pilots NOT paying for their own training, not working as full time contract pilots, or pilots who have purchased a type rating and are trying to "buy experience" by undercutting their full time professional contract pilot colleagues have been excluded. (ie $150/day CE-550, $500/day G-V)