View Single Post
Old 07-23-2006, 05:57 PM
BoilerUP
The NeverEnding Story

Joined APC: Sep 2005

Originally Posted by iflyjets4food
The time will be coming in a few more months when I'll be looking to move again. I've always liked what I've heard about Air Wisconsin because they have bases where I'm looking to go. They are the only 121 regional I'd consider at this point. That said, when I'm trying to find out the latest about them, they're the only ones nobody is talking about. How's their interviewing/hiring outlook for now?
Lots going on at Wiskey...

Bases PHL/DCA/ORF. PHL is junior for FOs, ORF junior for CAs, DCA senior for both seats but can hold FO Reserve in probably 4-6 months. Most newhires going PHL RSV initially, some can bid where they want before done with IOE.

First year pay is 23.81/hr, 75 hour guarantee from day one on property, with single occupancy hotel during training. Medical/Dental starts if not immediately, in 30 days. Perdiem is $1.40, don't get it until you start IOE. 4 weeks of ground school in ATW, then 3 weeks of FBS/sim training is either in DEN or CLT.

The pilot group is very senior on the top end and very junior on the bottom (on property less than 16 months), including me. Most CAs have been on property about 4-5 years; the junior CA has been on property just under 3 years. Alot of people are jaded because of the commuting across the country after being hosed by UAL and company shenanigans but are still very cool to fly with.

If we win the greviance to get the 2001 contract back, AWAC will have by far the industry leading contract...and even right now we're at or near the top in all categories.

Talk of possible growth flying with Midwest out of MKE and MCI, which would only make since with the company based 2 hours north of Milwalkee up US41.

Bottom line - its a good place to work and has a great contract "for a regional". I've been here just over 6 months and sat reserve for only one month, and I really like it here.