View Single Post
Old 10-31-2008, 01:02 AM
dd89
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2008

wow you didn't delete this. pprune got it removed within half an hour!

I'm glad i wrote here, I'm glad you guys corrected my flawed perspective of the whole thing. That is important so i don't make the right decision for the wrong reason.

I just wanted to know how it really is like, not motivate myself with some romantic image of how it's like and then get all disappointed when/if I get there. I thought these videos would show that, but obviously, you have to be the pilot flying to really experience that. Being an observer doesn't put you at the controls, monitor the systems and make the decisions

Cubicles make me ill, i've visited some companies and seen it. When I'm done with my degree I'm planning on doing some traveling work, then some "cubicle-type" work
and see how I do. I have plenty of time considering the aviation path.

you really do have to be passionate about aviation for it to be worthwhile i guess, it must be a huge part of one's life. I'm trying to figure out if that is the case with me. However, it's difficult to differentiate the blind infatuation that most wannabees have for aviation from true passion that i see in the likes of 727up (read your profile on jetcareers).

SO, a question:

How would you guys define your passion for aviation?

As for me,

I'll concentrate on what i'm supposed to do right now, grow up some and try to figure out what i want from life, make my decision from there. My infatuation with this career is making it hard to concentrate on what i'm supposed to be doing right now, prepping for the upcoming exams!