View Single Post
Old 10-31-2008, 04:32 AM
Cogf16
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2008
Position: VEOP Retired! 7ER A was last position

Originally Posted by Opus View Post
Okay, if that's what you want to believe then okay! But, no matter how you run the numbers I lose 1700 numbers by the DAL proposal and that is not the middle of the road by any means. If DAL is going to hold on to relative seniority argument and not move from that position then the SLI will end up in the hands of the arbitraitors and then come what may. The NWA side feels that they have a solid argument as does the DAL guys however, my point being, is that for either side to outright win would be a loss for both sides as we would have disharmony and ill will for years to come. My proposal was that we find middle ground between Relative Seniority and Date of Hire not the DAl version that relative seniority is the middle ground. For that matter if Relative Seniority is the middle ground for DALPA what then is the real DAL list. Staple?
Why do you keep referring to lost numbers? That references your DOH at NWA and that is meaningless! Compare your relative % at NWA and what it will be at Delta. That is what matters, imo. I think our proposal will be tweaked to account for your nearterm retirements and a few other things like 777 orders and the staple on the bottom will dissappear. Would relative position within 1%, accounting for nearterm retirements, be something worthy of consideration?