View Single Post
Old 11-01-2008, 09:55 PM
Jayhawk 023
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: CRJ

Oh yeah, one more thing....the reason I was cruising this thread in the first place.

I like checking out the flight school chat once in a while. I actually miss flight instructing, not for my livelihood, but because I enjoyed teaching and the fun that goes along with small aircraft, small airports, etc. If I could actually make a living at it, I would leave the airline world tomorrow and go back as a full-time CFI. Why? I would be home every night with my family rather than sitting in a hotel 4 nights a week. And Thanksgiving. And Christmas. And my wife's and son's birthdays. Etc, etc.

So I go back to the point in my above post. You may very well get to the airlines shortly after school and love it. But, like some, you may also get there only to find out that "hey, this isn't nearly what I expected..." and it would be a tragedy for you reach that point and still owe $70K in debt. I say this because I see a LOT of guys at our company who go through this, and they're usually the ones that were all charged up and chose the whole aviation route from the beginning of college. Some of our ERU guys are over $100K in debt! Yikes!

Whatever you choose, best of luck.