View Single Post
Old 11-02-2008, 07:20 AM
Reroute
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2007

What's worse than using a model that has been rejected, I guess using ficticious jobs in the model.

Q. The model portends that there are 94 CD 9s pop -- DC-9s populated by 415 captains throughout the entire period; correct?

A. That's correct.

Q. And it moves pilots in and out of those positions in the years starting in 2008, throughout the entire run?

A. Yeah. And that's because, to understand our modeling, we were modeling it based on our philosophy in the case, which is the snapshot, that anything that happened to the fleets after January of '08 is not relevant to this analysis.

Q. You drive to fictitious jobs. And then what happens is –

A. Let me be clear, though. We're not really driving to fictitious jobs. You're saying they're fictitious jobs, jobs that don't exist, because you're looking at the world from July 1 of '08. And we're looking at the world from January 1 of '08, when the airlines effectively, in our view, stopped acting as stand-alone carriers. We can't know -- it's been our view and our testimony that the DC-9 likely would have been
replaced in the future. We're not going to -- I'm not going to sit here and debate that with you.

He must not have aware of Stevens testimony that NWA was not managing the airline as though there was going to be a merger.

Stevens testimony:

Q. My question is a very precise one. And that is, up until -- certainly until mid-March of 2008, did anyone at Northwest tell you that they were managing the airline as though there was going to be a merger with Delta?

A. To your precise question, no.