View Single Post
Old 11-13-2008, 01:27 PM
Beechlover
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: E-190/175/170
Default Unifying the Profession

Something struck me as odd about they way we (as pilot groups) working for our individual airlines, sometimes seem to be at odds with each other.., ie pilots of other airlines. Here's the thing I'm seeing..., managment at airline X makes a contract with Airline Y. Airline X is a "mainline (Legacy payscale) Airline. Airline Y is a (Regional payscale) airline. X's pilots are angry because the contract is a threat to their flying/job security/scope.., Whipsaw you name it (pick a reason.., any reason. In many instances, I see pilots of not only airline X but many others criticise the pilot group of airline Y when THEY have ZERO (ZERO), I'll say it again.., ZEEROO control over what contracts or agreements their mangements enter into.

Folks I'm just making an observation.., of course this is just my soda straw perspective of the universe and my opinion doesn't count.

Just seems like we as a US pilot group spend and inordinate amount of time jumping on each other when we should be trying to strengthen this profession. What's it gonna take, I mean really.

I Retired from the Air Force after doing my 20, got my ratings and now I'm knee deep in the regional hooplah. So just a regular guy living the dream.., or trying to anyway. We all gotta start somewhere right?