View Single Post
Old 11-15-2008, 05:02 AM
CaptainCarl
I'm a man of my word.

Joined APC: Jul 2008
Position: Devil's Advocate

Originally Posted by TheOak View Post
It was actually pretty great compared to what we have right now.
you could trip trade/drop request/add/swap/split pairings all online instead of having to fax like we are back to again.

From my understanding, when we had it, scheduling was limited by how much information they were able to share in regards to the contract... yadda yadda ... denying request allegedly based upon no reasoning; not showing reserve coverage according to contract bla bla... so when ALPA requested to use FLICA like it was fully capable of, the company in short said "fine, you don't like it, then we are taking it away."
You are almost correct TheOak. This is according to AF: We filed a grievance with the company because they unilaterally implemented the system without letting us take it for a "test drive." And then they started denying trip trades/swaps/drops for no apparent reason and took away the feature that showed us exactly what the reserve coverage is. The Company likes to hide the reserve numbers so that they can use the excuse, "We don't have enough coverage."

Even Mesa was able to convince their Management to agree to 100% automated FLiCA in their new TA. I hope you Mesa guys take full advantage of that system.

In short, FLiCA basically cuts out the middle man (aka crew scheduling). That way you don't have to deal with the likes of minimum wage morons. Our schedulers one redeeming quality: They speak English. Fluently.