Thread: MAXjet Hiring
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2006, 10:46 AM
Skyone
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: B777 Left
Thumbs down

Gee Maxi, are we posting resumes here to see who the more credibility? I respect your varied aviation lineage and no disrespect whatsoever. I too have been on LECs, worked on National AlPa committees, worked in management (sort of) etc, etc, etc. I too know what a startup has to go through and I too have seen isssues handled not as well as they could have been. That said, counceling by friends and peers does not constitute formal counciling by the individual that has the capability to fire you. Fire you, mind you, not taken off the line, not given a month off, not demoted to copilot. FIRED. And I am not even speculating what the reasons are, even though I do have an idea third hand.

So I will go back to my original statement, did these three gentlemen steal from MaxJet? Did they blatently and willfully disregard SOP, FOM, or endanger anyone there? Did they fly impaired? Did all three do the same? Since we are talking lineage and resumes here, I am sure you know the history of these men. Folks don't reach the level that these guys did in their former company or reach the status and rank in the military of another by being the type individuals that would "go off" unless there is good reason.

I appreciate your loyalty to your current employer, that is to be admired. And its great that others have been handled with kid gloves as you say. Did these gentlemen not help start the airline, do tabletops, do proving runs, act as the initial cadre of pilots, write the first version of your manuals? Did all three do the same act of "whatever"? Very interesting Maxi. My advice, and why would you take it, watch your six, very carefully. You are on a public forum here and mistep of the company line.............

Maxi, again I respect your aviation history and lineage. I respect your undying loyalty to MaxJet (again, others could take note), but nothing you can say can ever convince me that what was done was not a sick act by indivuals who are insecure in the positions and threatened by those with more experience and respect amongst their peers. This ain't some little backwater regional with 22 year old pilots trying to get time. These were pilots respected by their peers from their old legacy and obviously by the FAA that certified them under, as you have eluded, a very difficult and extreme certification process.

So good luck, watch your six, don't step out of line, keep defending these two guys and you to might get that cubicle in DC. Seriously, keep your head down. Then again, the Tims might not be threatened by your experience.
S1