View Single Post
Old 07-31-2006, 10:59 AM
MadDog
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: B747-400 Captain

Well Big Brown, so far I am a yes. It's not that I am so pleased with this TA. My concern are the implications if it is voted down.

First of all, there are some miss understood sections of the TA: ie FAt board, progressive discipline, etc. And there are good things: ie A plan retirement security, most of the scope article etc.

Second, the political sitiation in washington is not on our side.

Third, the industry we are in (aviation) irreguardless of the success of our company, is not in our favor.

Fourth, we are a fractured union group at this time with "disfuntional" leadership.

I don't believe what the doomsdayers are saying reguarding a PEB, arbitrator, etc. I believe that if we vote this down, we will go back to the table in Feb and come out with a TA not that much different than the one we have right now. Maybe some small financial gains. We will probobly have another TA to vote on in a year, but I doubt we will regain the $50k in earings we gave up for that year. In the mean time, we risk loosing some of gains we did abtain. If Fed Ex passes their contract, we will have to compare to that contract. I don't think their scope and retirement protection will help ours. Also, we need to concider the Middle East situation. This could send everything into a tail spin just like our mid-term contract was pulled after 911. Fuel prices are going up, another factor in the companies favor.

I have been back and forth on the TA and I'm wiling to listen to any good opinion. But so far I am a yes.

Ps. Be careful when you look at Franco's info. I have found some of his info lacks full detail.