Old 08-01-2006, 07:17 PM
Slaphappy
Banned

Joined APC: May 2006
Default Skywest Proposed Payrates Better than ASA

This is what was given to the skywest pilot or will be given to
As you can see, 700 rates have been made equal to ASAs I don't know if this is due to the fact that ASA has pretty much held firm on the "NO Paycut" speech that has been given or what. Either way Managment is willing to give Skywest pilots more than ASA pilots.

Fellow pilots,

This document’s purpose is to familiarize SkyWest Pilots with the quality of life work-rule improvements proposal nicknamed Zoltar and to also update pay negotiations.

Zoltar

• 2 hour Short-Call for all domiciles for reserve pilots
• Establish a 12 hour Long-Call for reserve pilots
• Max 18 duty days per bid period, i.e. 12-13 days off for all pilots
• 4:10 Minimum Daily Guarantee for all pilots
• Establish a Minimum Staffing Level Requirement formula coupled with monetary incentives, i.e. 150% pay above 87 hrs, if the average credit per domicile with PBS is above 90 hours at the beginning of the bidding process.
• Establish a reserve list transparency able to be seen by all pilots, i.e. any pilot will be able to see the current reserve staffing levels system wide and at each domicile.

The Scheduling Committee is currently trying to find a common date to meet with Anita Spencer, Director of Crew Support, to finalize this proposal.

Pay Negotiations Update

The Executive Board had met in a recent Flight Ops meeting with Captain Brad Holt (VP of Flight Ops), who has now re-opened up pay negotiations and has expressed a positive outlook toward a revised pay TA (Tentative Agreement) with the pilot group. The EB came back to the representatives in the Denver SAPA meeting and SAPA has swiftly established a TA to be proposed to Brad next week.

Pay Proposal TA:

• 2% immediate raise across the board
• Split rates between CRJ 200 & the CRJ 700/900 Captain & FO rates
• CRJ 700/900 rate equal to ASA’s CRJ700 rate
• EMB 120 rate instead of Turbo Prop rate
• COLA (Cost Of Living Adjustments) of 2%/ yr starting 1/08 thru 1/09
• First Year FO rate all aircraft of $23

We will update the results further after the EB meets with Captain Holt. Thank you for taking the time to read this update.

Fly safe,
Captain Rich Hayes, Communications Committee Chair