View Single Post
Old 11-28-2008, 09:05 PM
USMCFLYR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

Originally Posted by NowCorporate View Post
Your trip sheets do not assign a PIC/SIC or Captain/Co-Pilot?

Of course most operations have all "type rated Captains" but there is no "PIC/SIC" assigned?

Who does the logs/paperwork upon return?

Who is listed as PIC on the flight plans?

If someone asked to speak to the Captain, who is it?

On overflight permits, landing rights, etc who is the Captain?

I have never heard of not having some sort of delegation of PIC/SIC!

NowCorporate -

Me either! I talked with a pilot of a Falcon 50 once for over an hour as he showed me around the cockpit and I asked him the exact question though not is as great of detail as you ask above and he gave me the sama answer as DSflyer.

Now if no one signed for the aircraft in my mind (like we do in the military) then I would log it the same way that he does - left seat PIC, right seat SIC. On a military flight plan even if I am the co-pilot filling out and filing the flight plan - ours has a spot to differeniate between PIC and other crew members so I could turn to the flight plan legally I guess (but it is easier than that - he who signed for the aircraft gets the PIC time); but on the civilian flight plan - couldn't I as the SIC sign the flight plan as PILOT?

If someone asked to speak with the Captain - couldn't a corporate guy say "I'm one of the pilots. What can I do for you?" Maybe it isn't the same in corporate aviation (you would know, not I) but if something went wrong and the CP wanted to talk to the **captain** - how would that distinction be made? The guy with the most seniority in the flight department even if he was sitting right seat SIC on that leg?

USMCFLYR