View Single Post
Old 08-02-2006, 12:29 PM
AirWillie
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: MD80

Originally Posted by Slaphappy
I won't see the left seat for a while. Being in the right seat in LA will make it hard to live. I know in Ontario/Victorville CA its fairly inexpensive to live but I'm not sure how far it is from LA.
Living in LA with reg pilot wages is not a good idea unless you're from LA and are established there. If it will be you first time, look elsewhere you might as well be based in Honolulu. Forget about housing, the apartments are becoming very expensive since not many can afford to buy anymore. Houses in the worst areas of LA are probably worth the same as 6 bedroom houses in the fly over states. PLUS traffic is horrible, if you live more than 20 miles from LAX(Ontario,Desert), expect your commute to take hours during rush hour which is like most of the day since the freeways leading to LAX are some of the busiest in the nation. I do have to say though that eventhough a lot of things suck, the proximity to the ocean and beach communites such as Malibu or Laguna and the weather kind of make up for living there.

Last edited by AirWillie; 08-02-2006 at 12:33 PM.