Old 12-01-2008, 10:36 PM
Kilgore Trout
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2008
Position: Livin' the dream
Default Alaska- For Pilots and Mechanics and those interested

Howdy,
Wondering if we can start a new thread on flying and maintaining for those involved and interested in aviation in Alaska? The last thread on AK aviating was closed due to a bit of silliness, perhaps we can avoid that for a while. Maybe we can do something lighthearted for those living the dream, and informative for those who might want to be? Hoping we can use this to share important area operational knowledge, aircraft info, pass on "so there I was" stories (incognito) which might help preserve somebody else's bacon, and inform interested people about opportunities up North. Or/and whatever else you can think of. I also would not mind if one of you knows where I might find a 29-39 year old attractive, witty, well read single female who is fond of scruffy looking, underpaid, extremely handsome adventurer types, but that's probably for another web-site. Questions/comments/complaints welcomed and encouraged (probably). All welcome. Including Canadians, eh? Hey Canada! You out there? I'll buy you a beer next time we meet in Whitehorse!
Cheers,

P.S. -For employment seekers-please research any outfits and operational areas you are interested in carefully. Information regarding accidents/violations is readily available from non-partisan sources (NTSB's monthly accident list, mostly). Protect yourself and your possible future passengers by utilizing available information and the hard earned knowledge of the careful, well seasoned, experienced Alaskan Aviators you may meet at some point . Be careful out there. I apologize for the legal-ese, and generally this part sounds like a bummer, just be mindful that it ain't always that much fun up North. It is pretty awesome though

Last edited by Kilgore Trout; 12-01-2008 at 11:25 PM.