View Single Post
Old 12-02-2008, 11:46 AM
7576FO
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: 737 CA MIA

I read the whole thing this morning. May 2003, the pilots take a 23.5% pay cut to keep AA from declaring bankruptcy. They changed our vacation to a very negative bias (less time home). They changed our reserve system to allow reserves to fly more. I was on reserve several times since 2003 and flew up to 85 hours a month. I just looked and saw that I flew 775 hours in the last 12 rolling months. So how is it that AA claims I only flew 51.3 block hours a month.
Why doesn't AA compare my salary to UPS, FedEx or even Southwest?
Why does AA say in their graphs that Southwest is poised for growth and profitability at their wages, yet pilots at AA that make substantially less than FedEx, UPS and Southwest are not normal?
Our whole contract changes from 2003 were AA's ideas to keep us out of BK.
To make us more productive. And we are.
Our management at AA uses FedEx and UPS managers pay scales to justify their own pay rates/bonuses and stock options. Yet they refuse to allow AA pilots (APA) to use FedEx and UPS pilots rates of pay as comparisons.
At AA cargo is not included in American Airlines. Any profit from cargo is allocated for AA Cargo a different company under AMR.
AA says APA is not taking into account the economy in their demands for better compensation. Did the AA managers take into account in 2006 that they awarded themselves ALL of the PROFIT from 2006 in bonuses?

I just no longer believe anything the managers and company negotiators are reporting.

This is going to be a street fight when they put out stuff like this.
7576FO AA pilot.