View Single Post
Old 12-02-2008, 03:43 PM
buzzpat
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: Urban chicken rancher.

Originally Posted by Lowtimer77 View Post
Im young and inexperienced, but have been browsing these forums for over 2 years now. I have come to the conclusion that the majority of Cargo pilots seem more or less happy, while passenger airline pilots are much more likely to be miserable and bitter. Corporate pilots seem to fall somewhere in between.

Obvously this is a broad generalization and I have no statistical data to back it up, but I definitely feel like this is somewhat true--atleast from all the information and commentary I have read from these forums. I know many will argue, and I'm sure each group has it's lovers and haters, but I have a feeling that on an average day, the mood in a freight cockpit is much more positive than in a passenger airline cockpit.

I always wanted to someday fly for a major passenger airline, but now I've decided that Id rather fly freight. I won't lie, I'm sure I will be a bit bummed knowing that I won't be walking through the airport terminal in a pilot's uniform with kids staring at me in awe, but I'm pretty sure that eog-trip wears off within a month anyway. I know that in this industry no one really knows what to expect 5-10 years down the road, but it seems to me that UPS/FEDEX pilots will still likely be doing a heck of a lot better than any passenger airline pilots.
It depends on the company you fly for. There are pros and cons, good and bad, with the different carriers whether passenger or cargo. I am thrilled flying for Delta.