Thread: SLI compromises
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2008, 10:12 AM
keenster
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: FO forever

Well, I sure don't want to bump you out. That would not be right. Hopefully no one bumps anyone in this deal. Anyone hoping to bump someone is looking for personal gain at the expense of someone else. All I want out of this deal is the same chance that I had after waiting 23 years to get my shot at a 330 capt seat before the merger occurred. That basically means getting to move up into those seats as a NWA guys retires. Not really looking or expecting to get a widebody seat out of the Delta side of the equation. However, it would be nice to share the growth(above and beyond what flying both sides bought ot the table) in all widebody seats that results from this merger on a 1 for 1 basis. But that growth will probably turn into a big argument. So, I don't think that trying to keep the forward movement that I had before when a NWA guy leaves( and about 250 have gone since this started) is asking a whole lot. We will see. As for what is fair on the new SLI, that will all ways remain a tough deal. No side will see that the other side got a bad or a good deal, this is my guess. I could be wrong. I would like to see them go right down the middle of the 2 proposals. I think that way it would be well, I lost but not as bad as it could have been.

Tomorrow will tell and good luck to all of us. We have bigger fish to fry in the future.

Keenster