Thread: Dal Won
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2008, 03:43 AM
skysdlimit
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2008
Position: DAL A320 CA

Originally Posted by keenster View Post
For 23 years I have waited to get a widebldy seat(a330or 747). I was about a year away before the merger. Now I have 1400 DAL guys senior to me tht are junior to me date of hire and younger than me that get a shot before I do. Guess what that means, no A330 captain for years. Get that- for years. And the 767 does not fly to BKK, hkg,ams.lgw,paris,rome,etc. Not even close to being the same airplane. Hurray for the DAL guys that get to fly what I would have had. No way you would understand unless you were on this side of the fence. I am an 85 hire. I was hired at DAL but was already at NWA. 1985 DAL guys are in the 200s I am in the 2800 range. For me this is B.S. What exactly did you loose in this?????

Keenster

You just added 111 more wide bodies to the 63 your previous company had ( and more are on the way we all hope) and also the 777s (with more types to be added later like the 330 and 744) have many double crew flights which increases the number of captain jobs (your former company did not do that). I know, I know... the 777 and 767 are not real wide bodies but the last time I flew one they have twin isles in the back and you sit real high off the ground. Your bidding power has not changed all that much if any. I wish you well.