Thread: Dal Won
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2008, 07:56 AM
PackTrip
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: B767 FO

Originally Posted by keenster View Post
For 23 years I have waited to get a widebldy seat(a330or 747). I was about a year away before the merger. Now I have 1400 DAL guys senior to me tht are junior to me date of hire and younger than me that get a shot before I do. Guess what that means, no A330 captain for years. Get that- for years. And the 767 does not fly to BKK, hkg,ams.lgw,paris,rome,etc. Not even close to being the same airplane. Hurray for the DAL guys that get to fly what I would have had. No way you would understand unless you were on this side of the fence. I am an 85 hire. I was hired at DAL but was already at NWA. 1985 DAL guys are in the 200s I am in the 2800 range. For me this is B.S. What exactly did you loose in this?????

Keenster
I didn't "loose"(SIC) a thing. Repeat after me. DATE OF HIRE MEANS NOTHING. Read the arbitrator explanation if you cannot understand that. I bet you didn't really "lose" either - you're just being a drama queen.

How much did your percentage change? (Mine went UP just shy of 1%). How many more widebodies do you now have access to (Since the DAL 767's are unfenced)? Go take a look the results - it might be surprising. I know they are not super-premium wide-bodies or anything like that, but the last I checked they have twin aisles and three man crews.

Those cities you want to fly to will likely be served by 767-300ER's flown out of Seattle and LAX.

How about that nice payraise you received?

If you look at the facts, you see you did alright and it was fair, but it is more fun to tell everyone "Woe is me".