View Single Post
Old 08-07-2006, 08:51 AM
DON*T HATE ERAU
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006

I am a 2004 ERAU Grad, working as a CFI in ATL and got to reading this thread by mistake, but when I started reading MAN! It started to bother me how bad people are hating on ER. Yes the school is over priced! Yes I will definately spend many years paying those loans back but I will be D#mned if you it was not worth it. I had a great time during my 4 years and I met some great people. I know of many! MANY! pilots who are now working for the regionals that went to Riddle. They are enjoying working 16 days out of a month and yes they might not be making a lot right now but what other job out there allows you to work that little time and still have a great time flying and enjoying what you do. It boggles my mind when those who did not make it complain about the industry. IT HAS BEEN THIS WAY FOR A LONG TIME! The industry is the way it is because it prevents people who just want to get there the easy way! If you believe that going to Riddle is going to make you 100+ k after a couple of years then yes go to LAW school but if you are passionate about flying and do not mind working hard to achieve your goals then this is the industry you want to persuit. Those who are flying for airlines can testify that Riddle has made a big impact on aviation, they provide a very safe foundation and it shows when you are out there. I have flow with people who came from "MOM AND POP" flight school and you can tell the difference in training and that alone can make you or break you when you go for an interview with an airline. I guess just like everything else people are entitled to their own opinion but do realize that their is a good for every evil and an evil for every good. Riddle is not that BAD!! the marketability value that they are giving you will help you in the long run, you mark my words. Plus every one knows that in this industry is WHO YOU KNOW! that will get you that nice job. I just had to put a little perspective on Riddles's side so don't hate me and DON*T HATE RIDDLE!