Thread: Dal Won
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2008, 04:25 PM
keenster
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: FO forever

Originally Posted by PackTrip View Post
I didn't "loose"(SIC) a thing. Repeat after me. DATE OF HIRE MEANS NOTHING. Read the arbitrator explanation if you cannot understand that. I bet you didn't really "lose" either - you're just being a drama queen.

How much did your percentage change? (Mine went UP just shy of 1%). How many more widebodies do you now have access to (Since the DAL 767's are unfenced)? Go take a look the results - it might be surprising. I know they are not super-premium wide-bodies or anything like that, but the last I checked they have twin aisles and three man crews.

Those cities you want to fly to will likely be served by 767-300ER's flown out of Seattle and LAX.

How about that nice payraise you received?

If you look at the facts, you see you did alright and it was fair, but it is more fun to tell everyone "Woe is me".

First of all I would have retired at NWA in the top 3% about 175 or so. Now I will retire in the top 13% or about number 1600 or so. Over my career that will cost me about $750,000. Also quality of life will be alot less because where you bid is what it is all about. We have already had 200 retirements since this started that now moves DAL guys infront of me up into possible 330 seats. DOH means alot to me it may mean nothing to you. If it means nothing then why is your list based on it at your stand alone company. Why don't we start hiring guys right into 777a seats.

As for the pay raise I have already had this dispute. My huge 8 dollar and hour results in about 150 take home a month extra. If you consider that a huge pay raise then we are all in trouble.

I lost 1% on the list but it is the percentage that i lost over the years. My percentage gets worse every year compared to my yearly percentage at stand alone NWA. Ending up at 13% vs 3% is huge. Does it bother you that I have took a pretty good hit. Not been a drama queen at all. I guess the facts don't set well with you.

To put it bluntly, The DAL guys have had 2 seniority windfalls. The first being when your senior guys bailed. Hey iam happy for you guys on this. If those guys were still around, 85 hires would not be in the 200s. Now those same 85 hires did well in this arbitration. If it had gone date of hire they would have had 1220 NWA guys in front of them. SO that particular group made out extremely well.

As for 767, I have no desire to do the flying that it does. It is a good airplane and it is a wide body, just not the plane for me. I went from holding the 330a in a year or so to probably not being able to hold it for 5-7 years. Then I am 60 and will be gone I hope>

So the fact that I can't hold the 330A seat now is a loss for me in money and quality of life. Had my advancement potential due to NWA retirements remained the same, I would not have a beef. I would have been happy where i am now if I still had the move up potential due to NWA retirements which are much greater over the next 5-7 years

My bet is that we are not going to be one big happy family. It's done and its a pretty good screw job for me. Every NWA guy around me is ****ed.

Last edited by keenster; 12-10-2008 at 04:44 PM.