View Single Post
Old 08-07-2006, 11:21 AM
de727ups
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: UPS 757/767 Capt ONT

"The industry is the way it is because it prevents people who just want to get there the easy way!"

Can you say that a different way?

"Those who are flying for airlines can testify that Riddle has made a big impact on aviation..."

I fly for the airlines and I have no idea what you're talking about.

"I have flow with people who came from "MOM AND POP" flight school and you can tell the difference in training and that alone can make you or break you when you go for an interview with an airline."

I have to and I couldn't disagree with you more.

Riddle is great for checking the "I have a degree" box on the job application. One is better off if they have interests outside of aviation and major in that. For others, an aviation degree is better than no degree at all. Riddle is okay for that though there are better alternatives, I think.

This thing about some Riddle guys having an attitude. It's true, I saw it when I was there. After all, you're fed "we are the best" and "it's worth the cost" all the time. Some are gonna buy off on it. I think the attitude fades pretty quick once exposed to the real world. Plus, not all Riddle guys are like that.

Anyhow, that's just my opinion. Riddle grad, 1982.

Last edited by de727ups; 08-07-2006 at 11:24 AM.