Position: B767 FO

Originally Posted by skysdlimit View Post
Pre-merger NW 747-400 Capt ...$177/HR
Pre-merger DL 777 Capt... $191/HR
(Source APC)
Post merger DL 777/747-400 pay $191/HR
Jan 1, 2009...$200/HR
(Source JCBA paytables)

Yep...you're screwed. I'd quit now. You're going to have a heart attack if you let making more money get to you. BTW all of your "facts" from your quote are not correct. Delta management released the nugget that the 787 might not be ready and DL may alter some future deliveries the "Delta boys" were just repeating this real "fact".

"DOH & seniority is everything...everything." Are you for real? I'd like to think there is more than this job out there.

You may be right that there could be hard times coming and I agree about the "smoke and mirrors". I once heard and agree this profession is a "great job and a terrible career". Furloughs?...been there done that in the mid 90's.
Originally Posted by Superpilot92 View Post
Ya'll crack me up! LOL

It's a done deal, nothing is going to change it. Time to move on and make the best off it. Look around the industry, it could be much worse.

Cheers fellas
Excellent posts.

Redtail...a three man impartial arbitration panel decided that Date of Hire was not applicable in this case.

We are all one now. You'll do just fine, RedTail. Are you a commuter? If so, where do you live? Because I'm hearing 747's out of Atlanta. But skysdlimit is right...you are screwed...despite your pay raise and the fences that protect your job, you are screwed, so you had best retire...or at least keep stressing about this and ruin your health - so that you can get out of my way so I can move up.