View Single Post
Old 12-11-2008, 12:39 PM
skysdlimit
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2008
Position: DAL A320 CA

Originally Posted by Opus View Post
Redtail,
My point is not whether it is fair or not fair. Trust me, the idea that I am now a thousand numbers junior to somebody that was hired at Dal nine months after me is a little hard to digest. The arbitraitors in the end ruled that the Dal date of hire was of higher value and worth than the Nwa date of hire. Period. Do I like it? No, but it is what it is and I, for one, am not going to turn into a bitter person and dwell on it for the next twenty years. I'll stay on the 330 until some dal guy bumps me and then I'll go to msp on the 57 and fly anc or whatever. My point is there is no sense in spending the rest of our days being bitter about it.

In the long run who made out better? Well, time will tell. More info will come out as time passes about what happened behind the scenes. We knew last spring what Dal's attitude was towards us, and it didn't change obviously per their one and only proposal, and thus we worked behind the scenes with Cal which would have left Dal out of the Skyteam not Cal.
Nwa had the written agreements with Klm and the goldenshare at Cal thus we would kept the alliance with Klm/airfrance, leaving Dal as standalone or with United. Would the seniority have worked better with Cal? These are questions that will never be answered and should no longer be asked. This is where we are and my suggestion is let's just move on.
Opus,

For clarification.. just realize some of us pre-merger DAL pilots are behind pre-merger NWA pilots with a junior DOH and fell backwards in relative seniority (I believe mainly around the 50th percentile...my case anyway). So I guess my DOH wasn't exactly higher value than some pre-merger NWA. Generalized statements like yours are usually not totally true. This case is a good point. I am a late 1991 DAL hire behind many 1995 NWA hires. It is what it is. I personally am glad we merged with you guys and not CAL and definitely not LCC or UAL (I think there is some dysfunction going on with both those groups). NWA is probably the only major airline that the DOJ would have allowed a merger with due to overlap. I think I heard or read we only had 12 overlapping city pairs. I may be wrong...my wife tells me I'm wrong alot. However, we are now one monster of an global airline to contend with. I want to move on also but many on both sides see only their side.

BTW, do we get a mulligan? Lets do date of hire... I would be almost 300 numbers senior than I am now...hummm where do you suppose that number came from?