View Single Post
Old 12-11-2008, 04:14 PM
Kingbird87
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: A330B

MEM trips ARE mostly 4 or 5 days, some 1,2,3 and you almost never see MEM again till the end. The exception is usually Cancun, Montego Bay, and a few Florida destinations that come back thru. I think they are afraid we'll get off if we come back home. We really hit cleanup in the batting order. We fly a good amount of West Coast, East Coast, but tend to get a lot of Northern Tier when it is January thru March. I bid for two legs a day max, no short overnights and days off. The NBA charters are plentiful and I like them, just flew one leg SAT-MIA today, had a nice brisket, beans, macaroni, and cookies on the way, now 31 hrs on Miami Beach. The big plus is the base, Wendy in Ops is a godsend, great chief pilot, friendly FA's and much less company exposure, actually none. I have always loved cities like Missoula, Bozeman, Kalispell, Calgary, Duluth in the summer, and once upon a time, Cayman. Anyone who derides the 320 hasn't flown it. It is a great jet, especially with the seats on the newer 320's and all 319's.