View Single Post
Old 12-11-2008, 06:12 PM
acl65pilot
Happy to be here

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: A-320A

Originally Posted by Ferd149 View Post
ACL,

Who have you heard who is going to fill the 757 south flying out of NRT? I assume a 767 from the west coast to NRT and then pick up the south flying for a few days/week then 767 home. Any idea what base yet? Gotta get Denny to the islands before the mad cow gets too bad.........

Ferd
Well with he way that DAL does its flying it will be a net loss of pilots needed. See it will more than likely be flown by a SEA and or LAX MSP 7Er pilot base. What that means is that you will be flying an active leg to NRT not dead heading. What this does is in essence take the two days and 28 hrs of DH pay off of each trip. I think you guys DH two to three crews a day. Now those DH will be flying legs. Trips will probably be seven to nine days and it will all be flying. Thus', we fly more, DH less and the company needs less pilots. When you add that up over a week that is at least 14 crews. Lots of bodies in my opinion!

Yep the 7Er is to go North to MSP, SEA, and DTW. The 88 can hit both coasts out of MSP, and I think DTW. I know MEH uses them out of MKE so an extra 200 miles should be doable. That means that the 9's are coming to ATL, 320's will more than likely go to SLC and CVG(maybe) The 744 are going to NYC, and ATL. The 330's to ATL, and NYC (cargo) the 777's well probably have a base in ATL, NYC, MSP and maybe LAX eventually.(Just a guess) I am sure that there will be some 320's left in the North but probably a smaller base. The need them for deep Mexico and what not. The 757 can do it, but they have other plans for those.
Now it remains to be seen how much of this is going to shift and how quickly. This is the plan. As we know plans change.
If you noticed there is no mention of the 73N in there. I personally think that we will see what happens with AS before making those plans. They are a 757 replacement on thin routes. So there is a place for them in each base.