Thread: Dal Won
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2008, 08:58 AM
NuGuy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008

Heyas,

Guys, I tried to point this out during the arbitration hearings, but the loss of relative seniority would have happened whether the arbitrators used the NWA DOH proposal or what we got. No one would listen.

I ran my EZOP with both the DOH list and the arbitrated award, and I lost exactly the same amount of relative seniority 5,10, 15 and 20 years out as compared with the stand-alone NWA list. The only solace from that method was that I would have been some 600 numbers more senior than I am now.

The ONLY way this loss of relative seniority could have been prevented was with a dynamic list. Even if we had gotten the DOH list, you would have taken the same hit.

I feel Keensters pain, but there is nothing you can do about it. Lot's of careers these days have become jobs. My ex was a vet, and there was a huge retirement boom of older vets that started about 10 years ago. But instead of selling their practices individually, a couple corporations came in and started buying up practices left and right, and now they "set the market" for vet compensation.

These days, new vets come out of school expecting that sort of lowered compensation. Yet, they still ponied up a large amount of cash to go to vet school (240k or more in some cases), and will top out near 130-140k. Many are trust fund kids (or are 250K in debt), and do it part time as part of a two income family, so there is no support to get fees up. But when asked why they do it, they say "for the love of it".

Sound familiar to anyone?

Nu