Thread: Dal Won
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2008, 10:45 PM
newKnow
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: 765-A

Originally Posted by PackTrip View Post
...but generally speaking, what I have posted is accurate - negligible difference in attrition for the first ten years for all of us...and a nice bump in the numbers from year 12 onward (For those of you that have that many years left).

Remember also that it was only in the last three hiring cycles where guys older than about 34 were even hired.
Pack,

Let me begin my response my saying that I am at peace with the senoirity list. I am not complaining, it is what it is, and there is nothing I could do about it even if it wasn't.

But, with that being said -- in a wierd, round-about way -- the reason why most NWA guys aren't really thrilled with the argument that DAL's retirements start to exceed NWA's in 10 to 12 years, is because alot if not most of the NWA guys are the ones who are going to be the ones leaving.

It's like you are telling them/us that things will get better for you after you are gone because there will be more movement coming from the Delta side after you are gone.

When they hear that, I guarantee they say "great!" and make a face that looks like this =>

It's kind of like telling the bachelor at his bachelor party that the strippers will be back to work the week after his wedding. (I have no idea where that one come from. I'd better go hug my wife.)

New K Now

Last edited by newKnow; 12-12-2008 at 11:22 PM.